Elected representatives in government are in charge of the policy and funding that can make or break saving threatened species. Their decisions and actions matter.
Bendigo has or used to have 20 threatened animals within its boundaries. One of them is me, the Eltham Copper Butterfly.
We took care to attach appropriate images that are as close to representative of each species as our resources and the availability of images allowed. However, we could not ensure perfect accuracy in every case. Some images show species that share the same genus but not at the species or subspecies level.
Eltham Copper Butterfly
Paralucia pyrodiscus lucida
The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) lists threatened species under six categories:
Extinct, Extinct in the wild, Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable, Conservation dependent. Read more about these categories
Paralucia pyrodiscus lucida is found across 7 electorates.
No information was found for this species on the Species Profile and Threats Database (SPRAT) website, which is the database designed to provide information on species listed as threatened under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation (EPBC) Act 1999. This does not mean there is no information out there. We encourage you to do a web search using the scientific latin name.¹
Explore more about this species on the Atlas of Living Australia
Adverse fire regimes
Habitat loss, fragmentation and degradation
Explore more about the threats facing species on our Resources page.
- River Swamp Wallaby-grass (Amphibromus fluitans)
- Southern Shepherd's Purse (Ballantinia antipoda)
- McIvor Spider-orchid (Caladenia audasii)
- Crimson Spider-orchid (Caladenia concolor)
- Elegant Spider-orchid (Caladenia formosa)
- Ornate Pink Fingers (Caladenia ornata)
- Matted Flax-lily (Dianella amoena)
- Trailing Hop-bush (Dodonaea procumbens)
- Black Gum (Eucalyptus aggregata)
- Clover Glycine (Glycine latrobeana)
- Basalt Pepper-cress (Lepidium hyssopifolium)
- Erect Pepper-cress (Lepidium pseudopapillosum)
- Ridged Water-milfoil (Myriophyllum porcatum)
- Plains Rice-flower (Pimelea spinescens subsp. spinescens)
- Maroon Leek-orchid (Prasophyllum frenchii)
- Fragrant Leek-orchid (Prasophyllum suaveolens)
- Sturdy Leek-orchid (Prasophyllum validum)
- Green-striped Greenhood (Pterostylis chlorogramma)
- Robust Greenhood (Pterostylis valida)
- Turnip Copperburr (Sclerolaena napiformis)
- Large-fruit Fireweed (Senecio macrocarpus)
- Swamp Fireweed (Senecio psilocarpus)
- Slender Darling-pea (Swainsona murrayana)
- Red Darling-pea (Swainsona plagiotropis)
- Brilliant Sun-orchid (Thelymitra mackibbinii)
- Whipstick Westringia (Westringia crassifolia)
- Swamp Everlasting (Xerochrysum palustre)
You are in federal electorate Bendigo.