Elected representatives in government are in charge of the policy and funding that can make or break saving threatened species. Their decisions and actions matter.
Bennelong has or used to have 17 threatened animals within its boundaries. One of them is me, the Grey Falcon.
We took care to attach appropriate images that are as close to representative of each species as our resources and the availability of images allowed. However, we could not ensure perfect accuracy in every case. Some images show species that share the same genus but not at the species or subspecies level.
The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) lists threatened species under six categories:
Extinct, Extinct in the wild, Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable, Conservation dependent. Read more about these categories
Falco hypoleucos is found across 123 electorates.
No information was found for this species on the Species Profile and Threats Database (SPRAT) website, which is the database designed to provide information on species listed as threatened under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation (EPBC) Act 1999. This does not mean there is no information out there. We encourage you to do a web search using the scientific latin name.¹
Explore more about this species on the Atlas of Living Australia
Disrupted ecosystem and population processes
Invasive species and diseases
Explore more about the threats facing species on our Resources page.
- Downy Wattle (Acacia pubescens)
- Thick-lipped Spider-orchid (Caladenia tessellata)
- Leafless Tongue-orchid (Cryptostylis hunteriana)
- Darwinia biflora (Darwinia biflora)
- Deyeuxia appressa (Deyeuxia appressa)
- Camfield's Stringybark (Eucalyptus camfieldii)
- Yellow Gnat-orchid (Genoplesium baueri)
- Julian's Hibbertia (Hibbertia spanantha)
- Lasiopetalum joyceae (Lasiopetalum joyceae)
- Deane's Tea-tree (Leptospermum deanei)
- Biconvex Paperbark (Melaleuca biconvexa)
- Deane's Melaleuca (Melaleuca deanei)
- Knotweed (Persicaria elatior)
- Hairy Geebung (Persoonia hirsuta)
- Pimelea curviflora var. curviflora (Pimelea curviflora var. curviflora)
- Spiked Rice-flower (Pimelea spicata)
- Sydney Plains Greenhood (Pterostylis saxicola)
- Magenta Lilly Pilly (Syzygium paniculatum)
You are in federal electorate Bennelong.