Elected representatives in government are in charge of the policy and funding that can make or break saving threatened species. Their decisions and actions matter.
Blair has or used to have 25 threatened animals within its boundaries. One of them is me, the Greater Glider.
We took care to attach appropriate images that are as close to representative of each species as our resources and the availability of images allowed. However, we could not ensure perfect accuracy in every case. Some images show species that share the same genus but not at the species or subspecies level.
The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) lists threatened species under six categories:
Extinct, Extinct in the wild, Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable, Conservation dependent. Read more about these categories
Petauroides volans is found across 89 electorates.
No information was found for this species on the Species Profile and Threats Database (SPRAT) website, which is the database designed to provide information on species listed as threatened under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation (EPBC) Act 1999. This does not mean there is no information out there. We encourage you to do a web search using the scientific latin name.¹
Explore more about this species on the Atlas of Living Australia
Adverse fire regimes
Climate change and severe weather
Habitat loss, fragmentation and degradation
Explore more about the threats facing species on our Resources page.
- Hairy-joint Grass (Arthraxon hispidus)
- Bertya opponens (Bertya opponens)
- Miniature Moss-orchid (Bulbophyllum globuliforme)
- Ooline (Cadellia pentastylis)
- Callistemon pungens (Callistemon pungens)
- Stream Clematis (Clematis fawcettii)
- Native Jute (Corchorus cunninghamii)
- Cossinia (Cossinia australiana)
- Stinking Cryptocarya (Cryptocarya foetida)
- Leafless Tongue-orchid (Cryptostylis hunteriana)
- Boonah Tuckeroo (Cupaniopsis tomentella)
- Cyperus semifertilis (Cyperus semifertilis)
- Bluegrass (Dichanthium setosum)
- Tall Velvet Sea-berry (Haloragis exalata subsp. velutina)
- Wandering Pepper-cress (Lepidium peregrinum)
- Macadamia Nut (Macadamia integrifolia)
- Small-fruited Queensland Nut (Macadamia ternifolia)
- Rough-shelled Bush Nut (Macadamia tetraphylla)
- Clear Milkvine (Marsdenia longiloba)
- Cooneana Olive (Notelaea ipsviciensis)
- Lloyd's Olive (Notelaea lloydii)
- a grass (Paspalidium grandispiculatum)
- Lesser Swamp-orchid (Phaius australis)
- Mt Berryman Phebalium (Phebalium distans)
- Shiny-leaved Condoo (Planchonella eerwah)
- Plectranthus habrophyllus (Plectranthus habrophyllus)
- Plectranthus leiperi (Plectranthus leiperi)
- Nightcap Plectranthus (Plectranthus nitidus)
- Austral Cornflower (Rhaponticum australe)
- Quassia (Samadera bidwillii)
- Ravine Orchid (Sarcochilus fitzgeraldii)
- Blotched Sarcochilus (Sarcochilus weinthalii)
- Sophora fraseri (Sophora fraseri)
- Austral Toadflax (Thesium australe)
You are in federal electorate Blair.