Elected representatives in government are in charge of the policy and funding that can make or break saving threatened species. Their decisions and actions matter.
Bonner has or used to have 20 threatened animals within its boundaries. One of them is me, the Water Mouse.
We took care to attach appropriate images that are as close to representative of each species as our resources and the availability of images allowed. However, we could not ensure perfect accuracy in every case. Some images show species that share the same genus but not at the species or subspecies level.
The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) lists threatened species under six categories:
Extinct, Extinct in the wild, Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable, Conservation dependent. Read more about these categories
Habitat loss, fragmentation and degradation
Invasive species and diseases
Explore more about the threats facing species on our Resources page.
- Scented Acronychia (Acronychia littoralis)
- Hairy-joint Grass (Arthraxon hispidus)
- Native Jute (Corchorus cunninghamii)
- Stinking Cryptocarya (Cryptocarya foetida)
- Wedge-leaf Tuckeroo (Cupaniopsis shirleyana)
- Floyd's Walnut (Endiandra floydii)
- Macadamia Nut (Macadamia integrifolia)
- Lesser Swamp-orchid (Phaius australis)
- Yellow Swamp-orchid (Phaius bernaysii)
- Quassia (Samadera bidwillii)
You are in federal electorate Bonner.