Elected representatives in government are in charge of the policy and funding that can make or break saving threatened species. Their decisions and actions matter.
Bowman has or used to have 23 threatened animals within its boundaries. One of them is me, the Koala.
We took care to attach appropriate images that are as close to representative of each species as our resources and the availability of images allowed. However, we could not ensure perfect accuracy in every case. Some images show species that share the same genus but not at the species or subspecies level.
The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) lists threatened species under six categories:
Extinct, Extinct in the wild, Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable, Conservation dependent. Read more about these categories
Phascolarctos cinereus is found across 85 electorates.
No information was found for this species on the Species Profile and Threats Database (SPRAT) website, which is the database designed to provide information on species listed as threatened under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation (EPBC) Act 1999. This does not mean there is no information out there. We encourage you to do a web search using the scientific latin name.¹
Explore more about this species on the Atlas of Living Australia
Adverse fire regimes
Climate change and severe weather
Habitat loss, fragmentation and degradation
Invasive species and diseases
Overexploitation and other direct harm from human activities
Explore more about the threats facing species on our Resources page.
- Scented Acronychia (Acronychia littoralis)
- Hairy-joint Grass (Arthraxon hispidus)
- Three-leaved Bosistoa (Bosistoa transversa)
- Native Jute (Corchorus cunninghamii)
- Stinking Cryptocarya (Cryptocarya foetida)
- Floyd's Walnut (Endiandra floydii)
- Angle-stemmed Myrtle (Gossia gonoclada)
- Macadamia Nut (Macadamia integrifolia)
- Rough-shelled Bush Nut (Macadamia tetraphylla)
- Swamp Daisy (Olearia hygrophila)
- Lesser Swamp-orchid (Phaius australis)
- Yellow Swamp-orchid (Phaius bernaysii)
- Shiny-leaved Condoo (Planchonella eerwah)
- Scrub Turpentine (Rhodamnia rubescens)
- Native Guava (Rhodomyrtus psidioides)
- Quassia (Samadera bidwillii)
You are in federal electorate Bowman.