Elected representatives in government are in charge of the policy and funding that can make or break saving threatened species. Their decisions and actions matter.
Burt has or used to have 12 threatened animals within its boundaries. One of them is me, the Chuditch.
We took care to attach appropriate images that are as close to representative of each species as our resources and the availability of images allowed. However, we could not ensure perfect accuracy in every case. Some images show species that share the same genus but not at the species or subspecies level.
The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) lists threatened species under six categories:
Extinct, Extinct in the wild, Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable, Conservation dependent. Read more about these categories
Dasyurus geoffroii is found across 15 electorates.
The chuditch previously occurred throughout arid and semi arid Australia, but is now restricted to south-west Western Australia. During the day it mostly rests in hollow logs or earth burrows. It primarily forages on the ground at night, although can be active during the day during the breeding season or during bad weather. It may eat any animal smaller than a rabbit and they can climb trees when hunting or escaping predators.¹
Explore more about this species on the Atlas of Living Australia
Invasive species and diseases
Overexploitation and other direct harm from human activities
Explore more about the threats facing species on our Resources page.
- Slender Andersonia (Andersonia gracilis)
- Austrostipa jacobsiana (Austrostipa jacobsiana)
- Summer Honeypot (Banksia mimica)
- King Spider-orchid (Caladenia huegelii)
- Swamp Starflower (Calytrix breviseta subsp. breviseta)
- Wavy-leaved Smokebush (Conospermum undulatum)
- Scarp Darwinia (Darwinia apiculata)
- Tall Donkey Orchid (Diuris drummondii)
- Dwarf Bee-orchid (Diuris micrantha)
- Purdie's Donkey-orchid (Diuris purdiei)
- Glossy-leafed Hammer Orchid (Drakaea elastica)
- Dwarf Hammer-orchid (Drakaea micrantha)
- Keighery's Eleocharis (Eleocharis keigheryi)
- Eremophila glabra subsp. chlorella (Eremophila glabra subsp. chlorella)
- Cadda Road Mallee (Eucalyptus x balanites)
- Goodenia arthrotricha (Goodenia arthrotricha)
- Spider Net Grevillea (Grevillea thelemanniana)
- Beaked Lepidosperma (Lepidosperma rostratum)
- Star Sun-orchid (Thelymitra stellata)
You are in federal electorate Burt.