Elected representatives in government are in charge of the policy and funding that can make or break saving threatened species. Their decisions and actions matter.
Fairfax has or used to have 31 threatened animals within its boundaries. One of them is me, the Greater Glider.
We took care to attach appropriate images that are as close to representative of each species as our resources and the availability of images allowed. However, we could not ensure perfect accuracy in every case. Some images show species that share the same genus but not at the species or subspecies level.
The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) lists threatened species under six categories:
Extinct, Extinct in the wild, Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable, Conservation dependent. Read more about these categories
Petauroides volans is found across 91 electorates.
No information was found for this species on the Species Profile and Threats Database (SPRAT) website, which is the database designed to provide information on species listed as threatened under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation (EPBC) Act 1999. This does not mean there is no information out there. We encourage you to do a web search using the scientific latin name.¹
Explore more about this species on the Atlas of Living Australia
Adverse fire regimes
Climate change and severe weather
Habitat loss, fragmentation and degradation
Explore more about the threats facing species on our Resources page.
- Acacia attenuata (Acacia attenuata)
- Scented Acronychia (Acronychia littoralis)
- Emu Mountain Sheoak (Allocasuarina emuina)
- Allocasuarina thalassoscopica (Allocasuarina thalassoscopica)
- Hairy-joint Grass (Arthraxon hispidus)
- Marbled Balogia (Baloghia marmorata)
- Three-leaved Bosistoa (Bosistoa transversa)
- Cossinia (Cossinia australiana)
- Stinking Cryptocarya (Cryptocarya foetida)
- Leafless Tongue-orchid (Cryptostylis hunteriana)
- Swamp Stringybark (Eucalyptus conglomerata)
- Ball Nut (Floydia praealta)
- Veiny Graptophyllum (Graptophyllum reticulatum)
- Macadamia Nut (Macadamia integrifolia)
- Small-fruited Queensland Nut (Macadamia ternifolia)
- Rough-shelled Bush Nut (Macadamia tetraphylla)
- Lesser Swamp-orchid (Phaius australis)
- Shiny-leaved Condoo (Planchonella eerwah)
- Nightcap Plectranthus (Plectranthus nitidus)
- Plectranthus torrenticola (Plectranthus torrenticola)
- Wallum Leek-orchid (Prasophyllum wallum)
- Scrub Turpentine (Rhodamnia rubescens)
- Native Guava (Rhodomyrtus psidioides)
- Romnalda strobilacea (Romnalda strobilacea)
- Quassia (Samadera bidwillii)
- Ravine Orchid (Sarcochilus fitzgeraldii)
- Austral Toadflax (Thesium australe)
- Glossy Spice Bush (Triunia robusta)
- Penda (Xanthostemon oppositifolius)
- Zieria bifida (Zieria bifida)
- Banished Stink Bush (Zieria exsul)
You are in federal electorate Fairfax.