Elected representatives in government are in charge of the policy and funding that can make or break saving threatened species. Their decisions and actions matter.
Fenner has or used to have 26 threatened animals within its boundaries. One of them is me, the Regent Honeyeater.
We took care to attach appropriate images that are as close to representative of each species as our resources and the availability of images allowed. However, we could not ensure perfect accuracy in every case. Some images show species that share the same genus but not at the species or subspecies level.
Status: Critically Endangered
The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) lists threatened species under six categories:
Extinct, Extinct in the wild, Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable, Conservation dependent. Read more about these categories
Anthochaera phrygia is found across 112 electorates.
The regent honeyeater is a striking black and yellow bird that has a patchy distribution between south-east Queensland and central Victoria. It primarily occurs in box-ironbark woodland, but also occurs in other forest types. The species primarily feeds on nectar and, to a lesser extent, insects and their exudates. It mainly feeds on nectar from eucalypts and mistletoes and it prefers taller and larger diameter trees for foraging.¹
Explore more about this species on the Atlas of Living Australia
Climate change and severe weather
Disrupted ecosystem and population processes
Habitat loss, fragmentation and degradation
Invasive species and diseases
Explore more about the threats facing species on our Resources page.
- Yass Daisy (Ammobium craspedioides)
- Banksia vincentia (Banksia vincentia)
- Canberra Spider Orchid (Caladenia actensis)
- Thick-lipped Spider-orchid (Caladenia tessellata)
- Leafless Tongue-orchid (Cryptostylis hunteriana)
- Trailing Hop-bush (Dodonaea procumbens)
- Black Gum (Eucalyptus aggregata)
- Yellow Gnat-orchid (Genoplesium baueri)
- East Lynne Midge-orchid (Genoplesium vernale)
- Ginninderra Peppercress (Lepidium ginninderrense)
- Basalt Pepper-cress (Lepidium hyssopifolium)
- Hoary Sunray (Leucochrysum albicans subsp. tricolor)
- Pale Pomaderris (Pomaderris pallida)
- Jervis Bay Leek Orchid (Prasophyllum affine)
- Tarengo Leek Orchid (Prasophyllum petilum)
- Eastern Underground Orchid (Rhizanthella slateri)
- Button Wrinklewort (Rutidosis leptorrhynchoides)
- Large-fruit Fireweed (Senecio macrocarpus)
- Small Purple-pea (Swainsona recta)
- Magenta Lilly Pilly (Syzygium paniculatum)
- Austral Toadflax (Thesium australe)
You are in federal electorate Fenner.