Elected representatives in government are in charge of the policy and funding that can make or break saving threatened species. Their decisions and actions matter.
Forde has or used to have 21 threatened animals within its boundaries. One of them is me, the Three-toed Snake-tooth Skink.
We took care to attach appropriate images that are as close to representative of each species as our resources and the availability of images allowed. However, we could not ensure perfect accuracy in every case. Some images show species that share the same genus but not at the species or subspecies level.
Three-toed Snake-tooth Skink
The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) lists threatened species under six categories:
Extinct, Extinct in the wild, Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable, Conservation dependent. Read more about these categories
Coeranoscincus reticulatus is found across 21 electorates.
The Three-toed Snake-tooth Skink has reduced limbs, each with three digits. Snout-vent length is reported as 180 mm, 195 mm and 231 mm. Two hatchlings had a SVL of 60 mm and 58 mm and a total length of 113 mm and 112 mm. Measurements of nine intact specimens had tails that were 9–45% longer than their SVL, which suggests a total length of 483–565 mm.¹
Explore more about this species on the Atlas of Living Australia
Adverse fire regimes
Habitat loss, fragmentation and degradation
Invasive species and diseases
Overexploitation and other direct harm from human activities
Explore more about the threats facing species on our Resources page.
- Hairy-joint Grass (Arthraxon hispidus)
- Marbled Balogia (Baloghia marmorata)
- Three-leaved Bosistoa (Bosistoa transversa)
- Ormeau Bottle Tree (Brachychiton sp. Ormeau )
- Miniature Moss-orchid (Bulbophyllum globuliforme)
- Stream Clematis (Clematis fawcettii)
- Native Jute (Corchorus cunninghamii)
- Stinking Cryptocarya (Cryptocarya foetida)
- Leafless Tongue-orchid (Cryptostylis hunteriana)
- Bluegrass (Dichanthium setosum)
- Small-leaved Tamarind (Diploglottis campbellii)
- Floyd's Walnut (Endiandra floydii)
- Rusty Rose Walnut (Endiandra hayesii)
- Fontainea venosa (Fontainea venosa)
- Angle-stemmed Myrtle (Gossia gonoclada)
- Macadamia Nut (Macadamia integrifolia)
- Rough-shelled Bush Nut (Macadamia tetraphylla)
- Clear Milkvine (Marsdenia longiloba)
- Knotweed (Persicaria elatior)
- Lesser Swamp-orchid (Phaius australis)
- Shiny-leaved Condoo (Planchonella eerwah)
- Plectranthus habrophyllus (Plectranthus habrophyllus)
- Nightcap Plectranthus (Plectranthus nitidus)
- Spiny Gardenia (Randia moorei)
- Scrub Turpentine (Rhodamnia rubescens)
- Native Guava (Rhodomyrtus psidioides)
- Quassia (Samadera bidwillii)
- Waxy Sarcochilus (Sarcochilus hartmannii)
- Sophora fraseri (Sophora fraseri)
- Austral Toadflax (Thesium australe)
- Tylophora woollsii (Tylophora woollsii)
- Zieria collina (Zieria collina)
You are in federal electorate Forde.