Elected representatives in government are in charge of the policy and funding that can make or break saving threatened species. Their decisions and actions matter.
Indi has or used to have 34 threatened animals within its boundaries. One of them is me, the Leadbeater's Possum.
We took care to attach appropriate images that are as close to representative of each species as our resources and the availability of images allowed. However, we could not ensure perfect accuracy in every case. Some images show species that share the same genus but not at the species or subspecies level.
Status: Critically Endangered
The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) lists threatened species under six categories:
Extinct, Extinct in the wild, Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable, Conservation dependent. Read more about these categories
Gymnobelideus leadbeateri is found across 5 electorates.
No information was found for this species on the Species Profile and Threats Database (SPRAT) website, which is the database designed to provide information on species listed as threatened under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation (EPBC) Act 1999. This does not mean there is no information out there. We encourage you to do a web search using the scientific latin name.¹
Explore more about this species on the Atlas of Living Australia
Adverse fire regimes
Habitat loss, fragmentation and degradation
Explore more about the threats facing species on our Resources page.
- Phantom Wattle (Acacia phasmoides)
- River Swamp Wallaby-grass (Amphibromus fluitans)
- Shining Cudweed (Argyrotegium nitidulum)
- Mueller Daisy (Brachyscome muelleroides)
- Crimson Spider-orchid (Caladenia concolor)
- Curtis' Colobanth (Colobanthus curtisiae)
- Matted Flax-lily (Dianella amoena)
- Pale Golden Moths (Diuris ochroma)
- Lima Stringybark (Eucalyptus alligatrix subsp. limaensis)
- Warby Range Swamp Gum (Eucalyptus cadens)
- Silver Gum (Eucalyptus crenulata)
- Purple Eyebright (Euphrasia collina subsp. muelleri)
- Thick Eyebright (Euphrasia crassiuscula subsp. glandulifera)
- Bogong Eyebright (Euphrasia eichleri)
- Clover Glycine (Glycine latrobeana)
- Euroa Guinea-flower (Hibbertia humifusa subsp. erigens)
- Kelleria (Kelleria bogongensis)
- Winged Pepper-cress (Lepidium monoplocoides)
- Lobelia gelida (Lobelia gelida)
- Concave Pomaderris (Pomaderris subplicata)
- Round-leaf Pomaderris (Pomaderris vacciniifolia)
- Gorae Leek-orchid (Prasophyllum diversiflorum)
- Mignonette Leek-orchid (Prasophyllum morganii)
- Sturdy Leek-orchid (Prasophyllum validum)
- Green-striped Greenhood (Pterostylis chlorogramma)
- Leafy Greenhood (Pterostylis cucullata)
- Blue-tongued Orchid (Pterostylis oreophila)
- Fern-leaf Baeckea (Sannantha crenulata)
- Turnip Copperburr (Sclerolaena napiformis)
- Large-fruit Fireweed (Senecio macrocarpus)
- Swamp Fireweed (Senecio psilocarpus)
- Small Purple-pea (Swainsona recta)
- Metallic Sun-orchid (Thelymitra epipactoides)
- Austral Toadflax (Thesium australe)
- Swamp Everlasting (Xerochrysum palustre)
You are in federal electorate Indi.