Elected representatives in government are in charge of the policy and funding that can make or break saving threatened species. Their decisions and actions matter.
Moncrieff has or used to have 21 threatened animals within its boundaries. One of them is me, the Coxen's Fig-Parrot.
We took care to attach appropriate images that are as close to representative of each species as our resources and the availability of images allowed. However, we could not ensure perfect accuracy in every case. Some images show species that share the same genus but not at the species or subspecies level.
Cyclopsitta diophthalma coxeni
The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) lists threatened species under six categories:
Extinct, Extinct in the wild, Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable, Conservation dependent. Read more about these categories
Cyclopsitta diophthalma coxeni is found across 20 electorates.
Coxen's Fig-Parrot is a small parrot that measures approximately 13 to 16 cm in length. No information is available on the weight of the birds, but measurements of the other Australian subspecies suggest that Coxen's Fig-Parrot is likely to weigh about 35 to 40 g.¹
Explore more about this species on the Atlas of Living Australia
Climate change and severe weather
Habitat loss, fragmentation and degradation
Invasive species and diseases
Overexploitation and other direct harm from human activities
Explore more about the threats facing species on our Resources page.
- Scented Acronychia (Acronychia littoralis)
- Hairy-joint Grass (Arthraxon hispidus)
- Three-leaved Bosistoa (Bosistoa transversa)
- Miniature Moss-orchid (Bulbophyllum globuliforme)
- Floyd's Walnut (Endiandra floydii)
- Rusty Rose Walnut (Endiandra hayesii)
- Macadamia Nut (Macadamia integrifolia)
- Clear Milkvine (Marsdenia longiloba)
- Onionwood (Owenia cepiodora)
- Lesser Swamp-orchid (Phaius australis)
- Spiny Gardenia (Randia moorei)
- Scrub Turpentine (Rhodamnia rubescens)
- Native Guava (Rhodomyrtus psidioides)
- Quassia (Samadera bidwillii)
- Waxy Sarcochilus (Sarcochilus hartmannii)
- Smooth-bark Rose Apple (Syzygium hodgkinsoniae)
- Zieria collina (Zieria collina)
You are in federal electorate Moncrieff.