Elected representatives in government are in charge of the policy and funding that can make or break saving threatened species. Their decisions and actions matter.
Oxley has or used to have 15 threatened animals within its boundaries. One of them is me, the Koala.
We took care to attach appropriate images that are as close to representative of each species as our resources and the availability of images allowed. However, we could not ensure perfect accuracy in every case. Some images show species that share the same genus but not at the species or subspecies level.
The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) lists threatened species under six categories:
Extinct, Extinct in the wild, Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable, Conservation dependent. Read more about these categories
Phascolarctos cinereus is found across 85 electorates.
No information was found for this species on the Species Profile and Threats Database (SPRAT) website, which is the database designed to provide information on species listed as threatened under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation (EPBC) Act 1999. This does not mean there is no information out there. We encourage you to do a web search using the scientific latin name.¹
Explore more about this species on the Atlas of Living Australia
Adverse fire regimes
Climate change and severe weather
Habitat loss, fragmentation and degradation
Invasive species and diseases
Overexploitation and other direct harm from human activities
Explore more about the threats facing species on our Resources page.
- Hairy-joint Grass (Arthraxon hispidus)
- Native Jute (Corchorus cunninghamii)
- Boonah Tuckeroo (Cupaniopsis tomentella)
- Bluegrass (Dichanthium setosum)
- Angle-stemmed Myrtle (Gossia gonoclada)
- Macadamia Nut (Macadamia integrifolia)
- Small-fruited Queensland Nut (Macadamia ternifolia)
- Lloyd's Olive (Notelaea lloydii)
- Lesser Swamp-orchid (Phaius australis)
- Plectranthus habrophyllus (Plectranthus habrophyllus)
- Quassia (Samadera bidwillii)
- Austral Toadflax (Thesium australe)
You are in federal electorate Oxley.