Elected representatives in government are in charge of the policy and funding that can make or break saving threatened species. Their decisions and actions matter.
Pearce has or used to have 11 threatened animals within its boundaries. One of them is me, the Blackstriped Dwarf Galaxias.
We took care to attach appropriate images that are as close to representative of each species as our resources and the availability of images allowed. However, we could not ensure perfect accuracy in every case. Some images show species that share the same genus but not at the species or subspecies level.
Blackstriped Dwarf Galaxias
The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) lists threatened species under six categories:
Extinct, Extinct in the wild, Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable, Conservation dependent. Read more about these categories
Galaxiella nigrostriata is found across 5 electorates.
No information was found for this species on the Species Profile and Threats Database (SPRAT) website, which is the database designed to provide information on species listed as threatened under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation (EPBC) Act 1999. This does not mean there is no information out there. We encourage you to do a web search using the scientific latin name.¹
Explore more about this species on the Atlas of Living Australia
Changed surface and groundwater regimes
Climate change and severe weather
Habitat loss, fragmentation and degradation
Invasive species and diseases
Explore more about the threats facing species on our Resources page.
- Slender Andersonia (Andersonia gracilis)
- Dwarf Green Kangaroo Paw (Anigozanthos viridis subsp. terraspectans)
- King Spider-orchid (Caladenia huegelii)
- Tall Donkey Orchid (Diuris drummondii)
- Dwarf Bee-orchid (Diuris micrantha)
- Purdie's Donkey-orchid (Diuris purdiei)
- Glossy-leafed Hammer Orchid (Drakaea elastica)
- Yanchep Mallee (Eucalyptus argutifolia)
- Christine's Grevillea (Grevillea christineae)
- Curved-leaf Grevillea (Grevillea curviloba subsp. curviloba)
- Narrow curved-leaf Grevillea (Grevillea curviloba subsp. incurva)
- Marianthus paralius (Marianthus paralius)
- Melaleuca sp. Wanneroo (Melaleuca sp. Wanneroo )
- Star Sun-orchid (Thelymitra stellata)
- Swan Hydatella (Trithuria occidentalis)
You are in federal electorate Pearce.