Elected representatives in government are in charge of the policy and funding that can make or break saving threatened species. Their decisions and actions matter.
Perth has or used to have 12 threatened animals within its boundaries. One of them is me, the Scalloped Hammerhead.
We took care to attach appropriate images that are as close to representative of each species as our resources and the availability of images allowed. However, we could not ensure perfect accuracy in every case. Some images show species that share the same genus but not at the species or subspecies level.
Status: Conservation Dependent
The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) lists threatened species under six categories:
Extinct, Extinct in the wild, Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable, Conservation dependent. Read more about these categories
Sphyrna lewini is found across 72 electorates.
No information was found for this species on the Species Profile and Threats Database (SPRAT) website, which is the database designed to provide information on species listed as threatened under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation (EPBC) Act 1999. This does not mean there is no information out there. We encourage you to do a web search using the scientific latin name.¹
Explore more about this species on the Atlas of Living Australia
No easily accessible threat information was found for this species. This does not mean there is no information out there. We encourage you to do a web search using the scientific latin name.
Explore more about the threats facing species on our Resources page.
- Slender Andersonia (Andersonia gracilis)
- King Spider-orchid (Caladenia huegelii)
- Wavy-leaved Smokebush (Conospermum undulatum)
- Tall Donkey Orchid (Diuris drummondii)
- Dwarf Bee-orchid (Diuris micrantha)
- Purdie's Donkey-orchid (Diuris purdiei)
- Glossy-leafed Hammer Orchid (Drakaea elastica)
- Dwarf Hammer-orchid (Drakaea micrantha)
- Keighery's Eleocharis (Eleocharis keigheryi)
- Selena's Synaphea (Synaphea sp. Fairbridge Farm )
- Star Sun-orchid (Thelymitra stellata)
- Swan Hydatella (Trithuria occidentalis)
You are in federal electorate Perth.