Elected representatives in government are in charge of the policy and funding that can make or break saving threatened species. Their decisions and actions matter.
Robertson has or used to have 25 threatened animals within its boundaries. One of them is me, the Nunivak Bar-tailed Godwit.
We took care to attach appropriate images that are as close to representative of each species as our resources and the availability of images allowed. However, we could not ensure perfect accuracy in every case. Some images show species that share the same genus but not at the species or subspecies level.
Nunivak Bar-tailed Godwit
Limosa lapponica baueri
The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) lists threatened species under six categories:
Extinct, Extinct in the wild, Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable, Conservation dependent. Read more about these categories
Limosa lapponica baueri is found across 83 electorates.
No information was found for this species on the Species Profile and Threats Database (SPRAT) website, which is the database designed to provide information on species listed as threatened under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation (EPBC) Act 1999. This does not mean there is no information out there. We encourage you to do a web search using the scientific latin name.¹
Explore more about this species on the Atlas of Living Australia
Habitat loss, fragmentation and degradation
Overexploitation and other direct harm from human activities
Explore more about the threats facing species on our Resources page.
- Bynoe's Wattle (Acacia bynoeana)
- Asterolasia elegans (Asterolasia elegans)
- Thick-leaf Star-hair (Astrotricha crassifolia)
- Thick-lipped Spider-orchid (Caladenia tessellata)
- Leafless Tongue-orchid (Cryptostylis hunteriana)
- White-flowered Wax Plant (Cynanchum elegans)
- Darwinia biflora (Darwinia biflora)
- Newcastle Doubletail (Diuris praecox)
- Camfield's Stringybark (Eucalyptus camfieldii)
- Yellow Gnat-orchid (Genoplesium baueri)
- Grevillea shiressii (Grevillea shiressii)
- Kunzea rupestris (Kunzea rupestris)
- Lasiopetalum joyceae (Lasiopetalum joyceae)
- Deane's Tea-tree (Leptospermum deanei)
- Biconvex Paperbark (Melaleuca biconvexa)
- Deane's Melaleuca (Melaleuca deanei)
- Micromyrtus blakelyi (Micromyrtus blakelyi)
- Olearia cordata (Olearia cordata)
- Hairy Geebung (Persoonia hirsuta)
- Pimelea curviflora var. curviflora (Pimelea curviflora var. curviflora)
- Rufous Pomaderris (Pomaderris brunnea)
- Tranquillity Mintbush (Prostanthera askania)
- Somersby Mintbush (Prostanthera junonis)
- Eastern Underground Orchid (Rhizanthella slateri)
- Heath Wrinklewort (Rutidosis heterogama)
- Magenta Lilly Pilly (Syzygium paniculatum)
- Black-eyed Susan (Tetratheca juncea)
- Wyong Sun Orchid (Thelymitra adorata)
- Velleia perfoliata (Velleia perfoliata)
- Zieria involucrata (Zieria involucrata)
You are in federal electorate Robertson.