Elected representatives in government are in charge of the policy and funding that can make or break saving threatened species. Their decisions and actions matter.
Werriwa has or used to have 16 threatened animals within its boundaries. One of them is me, the Green and Golden Bell Frog.
We took care to attach appropriate images that are as close to representative of each species as our resources and the availability of images allowed. However, we could not ensure perfect accuracy in every case. Some images show species that share the same genus but not at the species or subspecies level.
Green and Golden Bell Frog
The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) lists threatened species under six categories:
Extinct, Extinct in the wild, Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable, Conservation dependent. Read more about these categories
Litoria aurea is found across 44 electorates.
The Green and Golden Bell Frog is a large dull olive to bright emerald-green frog reaching 85 mm in length. The frog has a number of distinguishable features which aid its identification; the dorsum of the frog has large irregular blotches ranging from brown to rich golden-bronze and has a yellowish stripe running from behind the eye to the lower back which is bordered by a black stripe that can extend through the eye to the nostrils. The hind toes of the frog are almost fully webbed but the fingers of the front feet lack webbing. The frog also has a distinct tympanum.¹
Explore more about this species on the Atlas of Living Australia
Changed surface and groundwater regimes
Habitat loss, fragmentation and degradation
Invasive species and diseases
Overexploitation and other direct harm from human activities
Explore more about the threats facing species on our Resources page.
- Downy Wattle (Acacia pubescens)
- Allocasuarina glareicola (Allocasuarina glareicola)
- Leafless Tongue-orchid (Cryptostylis hunteriana)
- White-flowered Wax Plant (Cynanchum elegans)
- Yellow Gnat-orchid (Genoplesium baueri)
- Small-flower Grevillea (Grevillea parviflora subsp. parviflora)
- Deane's Melaleuca (Melaleuca deanei)
- Knotweed (Persicaria elatior)
- Hairy Geebung (Persoonia hirsuta)
- Nodding Geebung (Persoonia nutans)
- Pimelea curviflora var. curviflora (Pimelea curviflora var. curviflora)
- Spiked Rice-flower (Pimelea spicata)
- Rufous Pomaderris (Pomaderris brunnea)
- Sydney Plains Greenhood (Pterostylis saxicola)
- Pultenaea parviflora (Pultenaea parviflora)
- Magenta Lilly Pilly (Syzygium paniculatum)
- Kangaloon Sun Orchid (Thelymitra kangaloonica)
You are in federal electorate Werriwa.