Elected representatives in government are in charge of the policy and funding that can make or break saving threatened species. Their decisions and actions matter.
Ballarat has or used to have 22 threatened animals within its boundaries. One of them is me, the Golden Sun Moth.
We took care to attach appropriate images that are as close to representative of each species as our resources and the availability of images allowed. However, we could not ensure perfect accuracy in every case. Some images show species that share the same genus but not at the species or subspecies level.
Golden Sun Moth
The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) lists threatened species under six categories:
Extinct, Extinct in the wild, Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable, Conservation dependent. Read more about these categories
Synemon plana is found across 34 electorates.
No information was found for this species on the Species Profile and Threats Database (SPRAT) website, which is the database designed to provide information on species listed as threatened under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation (EPBC) Act 1999. This does not mean there is no information out there. We encourage you to do a web search using the scientific latin name.¹
Explore more about this species on the Atlas of Living Australia
Habitat loss, fragmentation and degradation
Explore more about the threats facing species on our Resources page.
- River Swamp Wallaby-grass (Amphibromus fluitans)
- McIvor Spider-orchid (Caladenia audasii)
- Crimson Spider-orchid (Caladenia concolor)
- Ornate Pink Fingers (Caladenia ornata)
- Dwarf Spider-orchid (Caladenia pumila)
- Matted Flax-lily (Dianella amoena)
- Trailing Hop-bush (Dodonaea procumbens)
- Black Gum (Eucalyptus aggregata)
- Clover Glycine (Glycine latrobeana)
- Enfield Grevillea (Grevillea bedggoodiana)
- Adamson's Blown-grass (Lachnagrostis adamsonii)
- Spiny Pepper-cress (Lepidium aschersonii)
- Basalt Pepper-cress (Lepidium hyssopifolium)
- Hoary Sunray (Leucochrysum albicans subsp. tricolor)
- Plains Rice-flower (Pimelea spinescens subsp. spinescens)
- Salt-lake Tussock-grass (Poa sallacustris)
- Fragrant Leek-orchid (Prasophyllum suaveolens)
- Sturdy Leek-orchid (Prasophyllum validum)
- Green-striped Greenhood (Pterostylis chlorogramma)
- Lowly Greenhood (Pterostylis despectans)
- Button Wrinklewort (Rutidosis leptorrhynchoides)
- Stiff Groundsel (Senecio behrianus)
- Large-fruit Fireweed (Senecio macrocarpus)
- Swamp Fireweed (Senecio psilocarpus)
- Swamp Everlasting (Xerochrysum palustre)
You are in federal electorate Ballarat.