Elected representatives in government are in charge of the policy and funding that can make or break saving threatened species. Their decisions and actions matter.
Longman has or used to have 27 threatened animals within its boundaries. One of them is me, the Water Mouse.
We took care to attach appropriate images that are as close to representative of each species as our resources and the availability of images allowed. However, we could not ensure perfect accuracy in every case. Some images show species that share the same genus but not at the species or subspecies level.
The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) lists threatened species under six categories:
Extinct, Extinct in the wild, Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable, Conservation dependent. Read more about these categories
Habitat loss, fragmentation and degradation
Invasive species and diseases
Explore more about the threats facing species on our Resources page.
- Hairy-joint Grass (Arthraxon hispidus)
- Callistemon pungens (Callistemon pungens)
- Stinking Cryptocarya (Cryptocarya foetida)
- Leafless Tongue-orchid (Cryptostylis hunteriana)
- Bluegrass (Dichanthium setosum)
- Ball Nut (Floydia praealta)
- Macadamia Nut (Macadamia integrifolia)
- Small-fruited Queensland Nut (Macadamia ternifolia)
- Rough-shelled Bush Nut (Macadamia tetraphylla)
- Lesser Swamp-orchid (Phaius australis)
- Plectranthus leiperi (Plectranthus leiperi)
- Nightcap Plectranthus (Plectranthus nitidus)
- Wallum Leek-orchid (Prasophyllum wallum)
- Romnalda strobilacea (Romnalda strobilacea)
- Quassia (Samadera bidwillii)
- Ravine Orchid (Sarcochilus fitzgeraldii)
- Sophora fraseri (Sophora fraseri)
- Smooth-bark Rose Apple (Syzygium hodgkinsoniae)
- Austral Toadflax (Thesium australe)
- Glossy Spice Bush (Triunia robusta)
You are in federal electorate Longman.